Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Yo, Mac OS X Disk Utility? Work for Me?

Hi. I'm the director of technology at a non-profit organization, which basically means I get to teach myself a lot of stuff about networking and system maintenance and stuff.

I've learned how to build a network, configure machines to talk to the network, create user accounts on our server.

I give sys admins ALL kinds of props. I am learning as I go and I would like to poo-poo most user manuals.

Okay, so I am trying to create a disk image to make lab maintanence lickety-split EASY to maintain. And I am following the directions...and WTH?

AFP548 had some good advice until the terminal commands. Yeah...um...my computer doesn't have the directories listed on the instructions...grumble, grumble grumble.

I lost myself in some leftover Palak Paneer from the India Palace in Alameda today. I was also SUPER excited to finally update our organization website with more current biographies. We haven't had the software to do this for the past 2 years, nor have we had the personnel (our new office manager doesn't do web and I was kinda busy in the classroom and handling other business...). I am
excited.... (No, I did not design the website.)

So I've emailed our outside guy to ask this disk utility question. The Carbon Copy Cloner thing doesn't seem to be helpful...I was hoping that I could drag and drop what image I wanted to create and then burn. Is that too much to ask?

Any suggestions from the world outside?

No comments: