Friday, January 20, 2006

jesus is WAY cool!

King MissileThank you oh Ackthehack for reminding me of King Missile and all the enjoyment I got from the two tracks I was introduced to in my freshman dorm at Syracuse University, Sadler Hall. Man, oh MAN you brought back memories!

Thank all that is good for people who troll other's websites, ya know?

Today was sunny, scattered and just filled with news...like the school where I volunteered today is closing next year. Teachers and administrators seemed so dumbfounded about the decision...jesus...that has to suck...poor choice, if you ask my opinion, San Francisco Unified, but you didn't...

Traffic sucked, played with the 7th graders and encouraged them to draw for their movies...then off to the office to confirm the logo went through to a woman who's doing work on some kiosks for GirlSource...I want them to be informed and come from an empowering perspective and not a charity perspective...we'll see the final product...

I was going through old mail, because I'm a packrat and I wanted to see where I've been over the years...man I was in a SAD state last year...while reading a particularly poignant email from O I get a call from Phoenix (hello???? psychic knock!) saying the place is official....EXCELLENT, Mr. Omer! You have your very own pad...nicely done. Jesus, you're all grown up and official now!

After getting off the phone with the O, I dropped off thank you number 2 to Mr. John of One Economy. I get a sweet spot close to BAVC and walk up the stairs and PSYCHIC KNOCK! John is coming out, asking me where I'm going and I hand him my little thank you for spending time on Wednesday...sweetness...

I'm feeling good, but definitely late for my 12:30 meeting...I have to get gas and drive down to San Lorenzo...missed connection, but that's okay.

I drive back to the 'Meda in search of laundry detergent and some organic tampons
Hey man, my body deserves a chlorine-free product, you know? I cave and get some Organic/Freetrade Belgian Chocolate to feed my greed as well. And Seventh Generation bathroom tissue. Gotta buy for sustainability so my kids won't have to pay admission to see trees in amusement parks, you know?

I'm talking to Meryl about life. Meryl is my sage, sister, sense of laughter and insider in Boston. Me luffy luffs her. She's tough love on me sometimes, too...but me luffy luffs her.

I wander goodwill for new house stuff...nothing I can use...and I drive back home...

And start laundry while my landlord's daughter-now roomie is listening to Outkast in the house. Man, another tourist.

Can I just say that insipid white people are annoying me at the moment? Like come to people's cultures with humility and don't act all cerebral and expert about it. Jesus...it pisses me off! I sent an email to Michelle and Michael Paul about an email I received from my roommate...dios mio and that set me off. Do NOT declare anything the year of the salsa and don't try to dance with me while I am filming, fool! Why doesn't that make sense? KEY-RIST!

Alright...and while my clothes are swirling in lavender goodness, I chat with the Huy-meister who gives me a heads up he's performing at the Octavia lounge on Wednesday...coolness...and we shoot the breeze on jazz. Nice. Life is good.

Life is EXCELLENT!

Time to dry more clothes...

HAPPY FRIDAY!

DAMN SKIPPY! WUBBLE ON!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is ACKthehack from lastfm very interesting journal actually used - gasp! - as a journal of your life as oppossed to just a soap box.

I have a feeling though we come from different lines of thought we might diverge on a good deal of political thoughts.

Btw, I visit Raleigh on business and there is a good jamaican place and a couple of excellent bbq joints down there but yes the radio sucks.

Have a good one.