Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Meet Mr. WRKI, John Abraham

When I was 16 I never posted a man-poster in my room, ever. I thought posters of Duran Duran, Michael Jackson, or the Coreys was stupid. Magazines on my wall? How was this imagery fulfilling? Idolatry, I say! Idolatry! And what an empty existance worshipping such poor imagery and writing that could be found in Tiger Beat and other such nonsense!

But then on Monday, March 21 my perspective changed. The vernal equinox put me among the plebians.

(This is so 16-years-old.) I never, ever have been "star-struck," but, man, last Monday night I actually gasped when I saw this sensitive, Gandhi-following character take the screen. I swooned when he feigned playing the flute. It's the glasses, I tell you! He's John Abraham, half Iranian and half-Catholic (what the hell does that mean?) and all manner of beautiful as protagonist Narayan in Water. I think he looks way too "beautiful" and "cool" in other pics, which would take him off the wrki list, but I would so marry Narayan.

It's immature. It's so ridiculous to be at all moved by a two-dimensional figure. In all my 33 years I have never swooned like this. So there we have it. I guess I, too, am subject to human emotion. I guess that answers whether or not I have Vulcan in my blood....

*girlie-swoon*

No comments: