Wednesday, March 8, 2006

hope springs...like eternal and stuff

wow! with almost 10 of us on the phones tonight making calls, we raised almost 26 thousand dollars for girlsource, bringing our total fundraising to almost 46 thousand dollars!

WOO!

so tonight i feel more hopeful because i am home in my bed a clear 4 hours before i was in bed yesterday.

WHOOT!

today was a good day after i got into the office.

i spoke with my mom until 4 am my time to get fundraising ideas and collaboration ideas for our organization.

then i crashed til about 9 am and was really groggy and slow showering and getting ready for work.

i then stopped by the food mill, got me some bananas and juice and then headed into the office.

man, my brain was foggy. my mental reaction time was not on point today. a snail's reaction time is better than my reaction time today. but i managed to make some modifications to the web site, strategize on it with a coworker and get psyched to call.

about 1:30 today i wrote an email to my impact circle letting them know that i was going to be swooped up in a strategic process and would NOT be attending the meeting. we were about to decide the direction we want to go with this year's grantees. dang.

but i think i picked my battle well.

i had a brief amount of time where i played a little go tell aunt rody. it helped me destress.

i stood before our office windows and watched my reflection. i stood in modified first position, aligning my posture. sandi focused on posture in our lesson on monday. alignment is key to letting everything flow naturally.

i stood, noticed my more relaxed grasp of my bow. i also clasped the body of my instrument with my left hand, so i could play open stringed.

the d and a strings were already out of tune.

but i quickly fingered along the a and e strings.

my nails grow quickly. i need to trim them again already and it's been about 2 weeks since i last cut them.

back to the office space, adding more to the website and researching how other sites make their appeals and make their presence dynamic.

(there's something outside of the window climbing outside of my room. it has no form from what i can see, but that's because my room is illuminated and outside is pitch black, so much so that the light of my room reflects back from the windows.

i'm half-creeped by the sudden scraping against the exterior of the wall, but i also have my protective goddess necklace on my makeshift nightstand.)

it's fun to be problem solving this way.

i checked the code and was appalled that we had NO KEYWORDS. No meta tag information whatsoever.

What the heck? This is a little bit how search engines find us, man. We need to embark on a web strategy.

But that's after we move past crisis mode.

Time for sleepies!

Good night!

No comments: