Wednesday, March 8, 2006

99 blogger posts - happy international women's day!

yay! this is my 99th blogger post.

wow. if you all think about it, we're all here because of one woman or another. and that's where i am going to start this morning.

international women's day
i want to honor you all for acknowledging women. i don't know why it's called international women's day, because women's day sounds more succinct and inclusive to me, but i'll take it.

women. the curves. the attitude. the fashion. women.the contributions. the aunt. the confusion. the humor. the dedication. the love. women.the challenge. the innovation. the diplomat. the creativity. women.the fieryness. the resourcefulness. the caretaker. the earthshaker. the sister. women.the beauty. the girls. the intelligence. women.the dancer. the tears. women.the shrewd business mind. women.the chef. the storyteller. the mystic. women.the family bearer. the ditch digger. the strength. the river raft guide. women.the astronaut. the chemist. the mother. the justice maker. the world.women.


i have access to some of the world's most incredible women. and lately it seems my circle has been rocked by some serious challenges. and yet we press forward. this is not to exclude our male allies, because MAN, i find that the dudes are pretty darn awesome in my circle. we have many with honorary ovaries. thanks for acknowledging your yin, gents. we love you for that.

okay. i'm rushing now, since the roomie is gone and i need to shower and bus this morning.

chaharshanbeh soori
it's a week until no rooz celebrations get into high gear. last year we had an unofficial sleepover sleepover, gathered in berkeley, and walked into the midst of families, friends, music, food, and jumped us some logs.

i am excited to gather up yet again and do my leaping. thanks, houman, for being our contact. i think you can invoice me for the rental.

update
it's been over a week since i have physically seen my roommate, the anus card guy. someone called him anus man the other day and i started cracking up. ah, yes. the human spirit has so much to derive humor from.

yeah, i've been busy. i've been to PA and back. i've housesat for the wifey. and i've made damn sure that i have things to do til later in the evening, in hopes he'll be in his office or bedroom.

my friend meagan pointed out to me that this is not a healthy way to live.

i know.

but in the past 5 years of less-than-ideal living situations i've grown accustomed to being a shadow to work around other people if i don't feel comfortable. i've fallen asleep in the car outside of my houses waiting for roommates to go to sleep or to avoid my landlord's dogs.

yeah, it's not cool.

to answer everyone's question: yes, i am still looking for a place to GO TO, but since i am phone banking to make sure my job is still there to allow me to save another 3 months for a deposit on a place, i have to play this game. it's something i am talking to my therapist about, too.

dang.

so if anyone knows of anything that's 500/month, that would be Suh-weet. i am trying to push it to $650/month so i can get a studio that's not in too ghetto or noisy of an area. i need a high tree/people ratio to be sane. and my sensitivity to noise is fairly high. (i know. i am asking this and yet my rent budget puts me in the category of "lucky to find housing not flea-infested" category in the the bay area.

i'd like to keep my commute to 2 hours via bus one way (including waiting at the busstop times and walking between busstops when the bus just doesn't show up times). it's more harrowing at night coming back home than in the morning.

keep me in the loop if you know of anything. i'm inspired to move in BY MYSELF so i don't have to deal with roomie issues and focus on myself for awhile, but if you know of cool peops who can risk being blogged if they don't put the bathmat on the floor before they shower, then let me know! =)

respect the ovaries! that was your first home!

wubble on, in an ishkabibbly way, my brothers and sisters!

No comments: