Wednesday, March 15, 2006

And the Beat Goes On

The Ohio Players is apparently akin to Juice Newton according to Lastfm.com right now.

Okay.

And the Beat Goes On is one of those mellow funk songs that is on the lifetime playlist. I will know my husband because of his certain affinity to a certain critical mass of songs on my lifetime playlist.

Here's an ensemble with a killer musicality and harmony. The men could right songs, sing 'em and play 'em. Check out the bass line dancing with that guitar...oh and the innuendo of the keys...layer that with the 70s jumpsuit and amazing afros topping and there you go...the best thing to come out of the Buckeye State...The Ohio Players....

Oh wow! Now "Before I Let It Go" by Maze is on.
Another smooth classic jam.

Alright, this is how I want to remember my Ides of March 2006, my students thanking me for helping them with the EWOCC, enjoying dinner with a colleague, and following up on some work surround our campaign to 70s classic jams.

I'll finish up with some violin practice, too.

AUGH. I just have been subjected to Billy Ray Cyrus. Nonconsensual!!!!!!

No comments: