Saturday, February 11, 2006

Supercritical





New Chapter's Supercritical Holy Basil
Ayurvedic medicine strikes me (as other herbal/direct from the source healing does) as a smart and tested way to balance out the body and mind's wackiness. I also think that vitamins make sense in a typical American diet where we don't get the right balance of vitamins and minerals (even those who are vehement about organic foods, fruits, and vegetables). The last two weeks have been a reminder of how supportive these substances can be. (Not to mention I've been off my yoga because my yoga suite is filled with boxes on the other side of my room.)

My daily regimen up until I boxed up my things last week was a multi-vitamin for women, herbal supplement/vitamins for skin, Omega-3, Holy Basil, and to up my immune system, additional Vitamin C.

For the last week I have felt a lethargy that I haven't felt in a long time. My focus seems off and I have definitely noticed my skin is breaking out and SLOW to heal from breakouts. I also notice a "gorge" attitude toward eating when I have the desire to eat at all. Strange. All this while still maintaining the same level of exercise. (That is to say I walk about the same. My cardio level is about the same.)

Recommended to me in August of 2004 was
New Chapter's Supercrical Holy Basil. It was recommended to me after I explained that feeling of being overwhelmed, lack of focus, anxiety that didn't strike myself or my counselor as needing any kind of psychiatric meds. She said, "You're not depressed in a way that we need to knock the YOU out of you."

That was good to know. So I took a bottle of holy basil home with me and popped my two gell capsules a day.

I noticed a difference in my perspective on issues. Instead of everything being depressing, upsetting, troublesome...I had a moment of pause before making my assessment. My issues surrounding sugar lows were minimized. I felt a balance.

Over the last two weeks I have noticed without the suppport of the Holy Basil that I am often trying to remember things I had in m brain a moment ago and waffle from task to task. I have a to-do list, but it all seems priority and so it's been hard to choose one thing to do to just DO it. When I get home tomorrow night from housesitting, I am going to scour the boxes until I find my vitamins!

No comments: