Friday, February 10, 2006

bush



there's a happy little bush atop my head
she's a full bush
extending from my scalp about 10 - 12 inches in some spots
and about 6 - 8 inches in others


the little bush i think is
needing bushwhacking
when the twists are undone


my comb has not been able to best
this bush in quite some time

so i stopped by sally's
and pleaded with the counter woman for help
i apologized that in my 33 years i did not get how to do it
my hair
this flaming bush atop my head

so beautiful
so full

it is unbridled beauty

and with unbridled beauty
comes great responsibility

it is beyond good intention

it is in need of expertise
i purchased a wide tooth comb
and a pick

it is in need to conditioning and reconstructing
i purchased an oil treatment and two conditioners

it is in need to love and care

raking the comb through the bush
much is pruned
raking is a difficult task,
taking much

i divide and conquer
parting in the middle
dragging the left side into submission
my scalp is massaged by the comb's teeth

and i free the single grey hair from the inhospitable forest that has trapped it

along the right
i drag the comb and free two more grey hairs from their forest

beautiful bush

it now extends 9 inches from my scalp

the microwave has sounded its bell
the hot oil treatment is ready

i open the tube and massage 2 treatments into my hair and scalp
warm, it penetrates into the hair shaft

and i take time to write
the winter olympics is behind me

i need to shower it off
add more conditioner that is leave in

tame the bush

decide whether or not to twist

ah, the beautiful bush-crown atop my head
my glorious halo

and i will tap into her power
she has much to reveal to me
i will forever be her student
and she will teach me much
my glorious bush atop my head

No comments: