Monday, February 20, 2006

For the Girls.




Dude, my writing's been uninspired and transcripty lately. Lo siento. I'm finding my inner muse again....

This morning I laid lazily in my bed.

The sun peeked out, but it was not warming my room. My room is an ice box, but I nuzzled very happily in my bed, listening to NPR.

I faded in and out of consciousness. I didn't have an agenda for the day and I loved it.

Gave a call to O to wish him well on the ride back to Phoenix and he hadn't left yet. Tee hee.

Then I fell back half-asleep and my phone beeped...a message. Dancho was just calling to say hello...which is ridiculously sweet.

This lead me to call Mr. Kwesi Johnson and he was on his way to the Deep Roots tea house...and I thought...ooo, lunch with wifey!

I then realized I wouldn't get warmer wishing it would be and motivated to call wifey Michelle to see if she was up for lunch.
We chatted a bit, I estimated and hour and she had the brilliant idea to call Ms. Denise.

A women's triad!

I mixed henna -- the greenish powder with an egg, olive oil and boiling water. The paste was beautiful in color...and I stepped in the shower with the bowl, raked the widetoothed comb across the mane and then little by little worked the goop into my hair. I wanted conditioning...

After way too long (I was listening to a tribute to Cheo Feliciano) I remembered my lunch date, brushed my teeth and placed a plastic cap on my head with the paste still on my head. I wrapped my hair in a green sarong and quickly dressed. Zoom! Toward Oakland and Michelle.

No comments: