Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Palabras para Hoy - 27 de Marzo 2007


“I made you a kite so you would have to look up.” - Anonymous


Today is National Kite Flying Day. It's blustery and chilly in the SF Bay Area. If March comes in like a lamb, it goes out like a lion and I am feeling the breath of the lion's roar...my neck is bundled more and my shorn head is sporting hats.

Kite flying is one of my most favourite activities to do in the entire world.

It sits in the back of my car so when I have the urge I take a short drive to Alameda Beach or a longer drive to Ocean Beach and set it aloft in the air. Against blue or black sky (I don't discriminate) I watch her rise with only the air's assistance and I marvel that this material stretched across a frame is floating. When the wind is hard enough the string sings with vibrations.

It's one of the most freeing things in the world.

No comments: