Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Palabras para Hoy - 20 de marzo


It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good
~ Nina Simone


My knees feel so much better than 24 hours or even 48 hours ago.
As I run, I get stronger. Period.

Sunday I ran out and in two weeks I could make it to the Mormon Temple.

That's amazing. Midway through the run I was close to Corpus Christi Curch so I stood in the back in the family area where pandemonium ensued with toddlers walking about or signaling back and forth and families looking excited or harried, depending on which parent was on duty.

I made it for the 1st, 2nd, and Gospel readings and then stretched again before heading back for home. Lovely church, diverse church. It's been awhile since I've encountered a black priest. The homes in the upper Park District are lovely.

Then Mitzi came over to help pimpear mi casa. By April 1st it will be presentable and I will have a gathering...brunch, lunch, something.

Today feels calmer than it has in awhile. Tomorrow I'll start getting some answers I need. Work is going well. I hear good things from my mom. And this morning's rain was a lovely reminder that global warming hasn't finished us yet. Someone's paying attention to the news. Americans are beginning to ask key questions of their leaders and are averaging 29 hours of television viewing a week. Whoah. (I'm about 29 hours behind the curb. Yikes.)

So as Nina Simone sang, I'm feeling good.

No comments: