Thursday, October 12, 2006

Dude, Tower's Going Out of Business

I am listening to Love Line. I love Dr. Drew. A loud, obnoxious ad on Live 105 just came on announcing that Tower Records is going out of business and they're having a blowout.

Whoah.

So I haven't really done a major purchase at a music store in years, but I remember the first time I went to a Tower Records.

I was in Boston and I had met my first romance online. He brought me to Tower and I bought the Barenaked Ladies Gordon, The Nightmare Before Christmas Soundtrack and a new David Bowie release at the time. It was autumn of 1994. Life was good.

And now...now it's closing? Just Bay Area? Nationally? Internationally?

Dios mio. There goes the independent music store.

And I guess I'll use some "mad money" to fill in some classical gaps and an impulse buy.

No comments: