Monday, April 16, 2007

Moment for Virginia Tech...and ALL Victims of Gun Violence


My heart goes to the Virginia Tech campus, community and families. When I attended Syracuse we played Virginia Tech often.

Not sure what's going on today. When I read about the shootings on Virginia Tech's campus my heart sank. I know today's shooting were horrific. I know that people must feel fear and betrayal of safety on their campus today. There are families that live with the horror of gunshots in their neighborhoods daily without international attention. Perhaps this incident will make us mindful of all victims of gun violence.

I'm sitting with 6th graders and just thinking to myself...am I doing the most I can so none of my fellow human beings needs to brandish a gun to inflict harm on another human being?

Let love rule. Let peace dictate.

No comments: