Monday, April 3, 2006

Reparations?

footprint quiz
damali ayo
I am a longtime fan of Portland-based artist damali ayo. Her website rent a negro is wicked, hilarious, and just makes you go "d'oh!" to society's silent acceptance of certain inequities. the book is pretty interesting, too. (Although after the immigration marches last week...I would have to say we're not so silent! WOO HOO!)

Anywho...check out her video, she's panhandling for reparations for slavery and taking on Bill O'Reilly.

damali ayo, a real american hero!

oh man, and i figured out my damage to the planet today and i try to be green...time to see if ol' jane can run on ethanol...(heh, that begins with "eth" as in "ethos," cool. and i'll continue getting those hand-me-downs for clothing...

1 comment:

wrki said...

show me your secrets! i thought i lead a decent lifestyle til i did the survey. the people in my life tell me i am a little anal about this stuff...