Sunday, October 28, 2007

Voice Mail

I woke up to an amazing voice mail this morning that was unexpected. I woke up lazily after a lovely night's sleep at 7-ish am with a voice mail message on the phone.

Convincing myself that 7 am was too early when I had nothing in particular to do this morning I rocked myself back to sleep by rubbing my feet together for another hour. A sliver of sunlight was reaching my curtain and I was bathed in a gentle orange light. My lids slightly opened, a smile was on my face and I remembered the message symbol on my phone, and so I listened.

It's contents were darling and my cheeks flushed with surprise and recognition.

I don't remember the last time I received a voice mail that was so unexpected and personal.

An amazing start to the day which ended up being a wonderful, relaxed Sunday that drifted into errands, activity, and ended with dancing.

The moon wanes.

No comments: